The conditions created by COVID-19 are unprecedented and unique and require all of us to be even more mindful and respectful of each other's wellbeing.
As always, our topmost priority is the safety, health and comfort of our guests and staff. To that end, we have modified our operational procedures in accordance with the latest health protocols issued by the Greek Ministry of Tourism and the National Health Organization.
Below you will find a detailed summary of the implemented changes and healthcare policy. Guests must follow and respect the property's healthcare policy and follow all personal protection measures while being in the premises of the hotel. The hotel maintains every right to cease any guests' stay, should it be discovered that the guest does not abide by the following rules.
General actions and rules
- The healthcare coordinator in charge is Alexandros Makris, the owner of Alexandros Village.
- Every staff member has received training in accordance to the aforementioned health protocols, which they are required to follow. These include, but are not limited to, wearing the appropriate personal protective measures (masks, gloves, etc.) and maintaining proper social distancing and personal hygiene.
- Antiseptic liquids, information pamphlets and social distancing markings have been added to every public area of the hotel.
- Only guests, staff members and affiliated partners will be allowed in the premises of the hotel.
- Public areas are frequently and thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
Reception (check-in/out) actions and rules
- For the purposes of public health protection actions, the management of the hotel must keep a record of the staff members and all guests. The recorded data include the guest's name, nationality, passport or ID number, check-in/out dates, home address, telephone number and e-mail address. These will be used in the event of a possible COVID-19 case and are protected by the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- Check-in and check-out times have been extended in accordance with the health protocols, so that rooms can be thoroughly cleaned, disinfected and aired out through natural ventilation between stays. The new check-in and check-out times are 15:00 and 11:00 respectively.
- Room keys will be disinfected using UV rays after a check-out.
Room cleaning actions and rules
- All cleaning materials used are in accordance with the health protocols and will be used in both the interior and the exterior of the room.
- Daily room cleaning is advised to be avoided unless the guest requests it, so it will be discussed during your arrival.
- All fabric surfaces will be cleaned using steam appliances.
- A/C filters will be cleaned and disinfected between stays.
- Decorative and non-essential items will be removed from the rooms for safety.
- TV and A/C controllers will be disinfected between stays.
- Guests will be prohibited from entering rooms other than their own.
Breakfast buffet actions and rules
- The hotel adheres to the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points protocols (HACCP).
- Tables will be distanced in accordance with the health protocols.
- Sneeze guards have been installed in the buffet area.
- Breakfast will be served by staff members, equipped with appropriate personal protective measures.
Pool area actions and rules
- The pool will be frequently cleaned and pH levels will be monitored every 8 hours in accordance with the health protocols.
- The maximum amount of bathers in the pool will be 4, in accordance with the health protocols.
- The sunbeds will be distanced in accordance with the health protocols.
- Sunbeds will be disinfected after each use.
Transfer/shuttle actions and rules
- Drivers will avoid handshakes with the guests.
- Drivers will ensure the natural ventilation of the vehicles.
- All passengers will be required to wear protective masks.
- Antiseptic liquid will be available in the vehicle.
- For vehicles up to 5 seats, only 1 passenger is allowed. A second passenger is allowed only if the first passenger needs assistance.
- For vehicles up to 6 or 7 seats, 2 passengers are allowed.
- Passenger limits may be exceeded, if the guests are parents with minors.
- All vehicles will be disinfected after use.
Action plan in case of a possible COVID-19 case
In case a guest of the hotel shows symptoms associated with COVID-19, the following procedure will begin:
- The hotel's healthcare coordinator contacts the Health Center of Milos and informs them of a possible case.
- Either the Health Center sends an ambulance to pick up the guest from the hotel or the hotel's healthcare coordinator brings the guest to the Health Center, using a private vehicle and wearing the necessary personal protective measures.
- The guest takes the appropriate tests and awaits results. Until then, if his symptoms are mild, he can return to the hotel and stay in the room. If his symptoms are severe, he stays at the Health Center.
- If the guest is diagnosed with COVID-19, he is immediately taken to the specified quarantine hotel of Milos. Any guests that shared his room will be moved to a different one.
Important contact information
- George Makris: 0030 6976271800 (Mobile, Viber, Whatsapp)
- Alexandros Makris: 0030 6978696926 (Mobile, Viber, Whatsapp)
- Kostas Makris: 0030 6972248790 (Mobile)
- Reception: 0030 22870 22600 (Landline)
- Email: email@example.com
- Milos Health Center: 0030 22873 60001
- Milos Police Station: 0030 22870 21378
- National Health Organization (EODY): 0030 210 5212054 or 1135 (Landlines)
Owner of Alexandros Village